8.05.2007

it pays to know who you know

been picking up a nice little amount of gigs. always nice when someone you know calls you and up and asks, "Hey, I got this call and someone needs a shooter for _____. Are you available? Oh, and it's paid." Me: "Yes. When and where?" It's nice because it keeps me shooting a variety of things. And I also don't feel like as much of a sell-out when I'm working on a story in the meantime.

Nate Keck called me up the other morning looking for someone to shoot his friend and her friends getting ready for someone's birthday party. my job was to meet them at Omni Hotel downtown and then follow them to Blowfish Sushi, all while shooting. good practice for weddings and like events. came up with a few decent shots. i was rocking the 24-70. love that lens.















flickr. flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hella925/sets/72157601243095237/

made a set with my picks from the edit. i love flickr. so organized.

i use it as more of a dumping ground then anything else. nice way to have all my photos easily accessible in web form. maybe not the best way to be archiving outside of DVDs. i need to buy some server space. and it's time to make a website.

remember how i said i love previews? worstpreviews.com has a ton of trailers!! i've been watching a bunch. this looks good:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thats it... they just wanted photos of a birthday?!?! no wedding, just friends and birthday? many i wish i had money to through around like that. id have a photographer, and a one man band to make me a theme song for everything im doing.