8.01.2007

delta

wasn't having a very good day my last time at the delta. and i think it definitely shows in what i came back with. maybe bad days aren't always the best days to be making pictures. plus, i got bit by a bug on one of my knuckles on my right hand and my finger swelled up like 3 times the size. within minutes i couldn't get my ring off. picture that as being about the time that i went into silent freak-out mode. i was so awkward and uncomfortable that day that i didn't even speak up to anyone about my finger swelling up. all i kept thinking was, oh great, i'm gonna leave this boat and have to go straight to a hospital in stockton at midnight to go get my finger cut off. wonderful. but thankfully, after hours of freak out, i got my ring off and my finger returned to (near)normal size.

loving the natural light out there. doesn't get old. i might as well be leaving the strobe at home. haven't pulled it out once yet. haven't found a way for artificial light to compliment the mood of the place. but damn it get dark there once the sun goes down. i have about 3 light bulbs to work with. there's moments happening but it's so dark that i can barely even make out their shapes when i'm sitting right next to them. let alone my borderline night blindness and looking through a viewfinder.

bah, i need more pictures. here's to hoping that my good moods and enthusiasm will return this week.



















No comments: