7.27.2006

I've driven 400ish miles in the past two days


Awwww I want a dog so bad! I have another picture of him slobbering up my face but I look really strange in it.


I couldn't figure out what these things were but there were about a dozen of them laying on a field near the senior center picnic I photographed today.


A gay couple in Glenoma. We wanted to talk to them in response to the very recent hoopla in the news concerning unions/marriages. Hanging out with them made me feel like I was back home in Castro. If you're keeping count, that's the second day out of my entire time being here that I got homesick. I mean, when a queen and a bear serve you carrot cake and talk about Harvey Milk and walking around Castro.. how can you not get homesick?


One of the guys in Glenoma. I'll probably submit this for an outtake.


This girl was so funny. Super June Cleaver and loving it. She was all about cooking for people and taking care of her home. She is a tea party host which I thought was so fitting. We are doing a story on her for our food section. She just got back the south of France after spending time at a fancy dancy restaurant with some famous chef. She made delicious stuff that Julia and I totally grubbed out on. Free breakfast and lunch! Makes up for not getting paid too much and spending so much on gas and only getting 30 cents/mile back.


Flowers stuffed with ricotta... What's better than that?


And the creme de la creme... lavender creme brulee! So good.

No comments: