9.18.2007

meet moco


now that i've been able to break the news to both my parents about the most recent addition to my life, i can formally introduce you all to moco. this little puppy is about 6-7 weeks old. he came from mexico, a few miles outside of ejido hermosillo, where we were staying. moco was living with an old man that lived in a grove of trees, without a formal shelter. most of the pups usually get eaten by coyotes or die from the heat because they don't have any shelter. moco was the most curious out of all the puppies, so i thought that was pretty fitting for a journalist's dog. little did i know that trait was a sign of the trouble to come. he's a little terror at times, mostly because he wants to chew everything in sight. but that's what puppies do and i've just had to learn to keep a much neater house and moved everything of value to higher ground.

yes, he's freakin adorable. and i love him to pieces. he has his own little bed to sleep in, but my favorite thing is when he wakes up at about 5 am and wants to crawl in bed with me. he whines, i pick him up, and he falls back asleep on my neck, head or chest, burrowed in the nape of my neck. it'll make your heart melt, trust me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hella cute