6.29.2007

Pictures have me in a pretty euphoric place right now...

...well maybe not these photos, but making photos is making me happy.

Something about taking pictures right now is sparking a different kind of curiosity in me and it's making this all a different kind of fun. Maybe fun isn't the right word. But I feel like my pictures are taking me on a visual journey that I haven't been on before. Maybe I'm taking a step back or maybe I'm making progress I don't know. I need some feedback!

I left the house early today and was gone until well after the sun went down. Lots of stuff to do around town. And I wanted to take Oscar to the beach for a few hours so I made sure we went and had fun first so that I knew he had a good day too.

we saw a fisherman.

and black sand.

we played catch.

and oscar was pooped after a few hours.

I had a gig today to shoot a "vertical portrait" for the Duke University Towerview magazine. The gal they interviewed is a fashion blogger in SF. I always have a tough time with portraits and the time of day to meet wasn't helping my hopes for good light. Portraits are rough. Really tough to do. Ahh the creative freedom is overwhelming for the photojournalist!! I had fun though. Girl really wanted to hold that magazine though. Why am I so anti-prop but I always give in to subjects requests?

No comments: