6.14.2007

i'm still reeling from PDX

and i'm already back up north. i think i've been to portland four times this year. i can't wait to move up here.

here's some pictures from this week, post-geekfest. i'm trying my damnedest to keep my state of mind to that of what it was when i shot last weekend. i know, i need more content. but damn if i'm not having fun exploring more with my camera. i wish i had shot like this years ago.

why don't we take pictures for ourselves everyday? it's always assignments, events, crappy mug shots, but what ever happened to just making pretty pictures? why aren't we telling ourselves to shoot for ourselves all the time rather than let the doom and gloom that is many newsrooms hang over our heads and cloud our creativity??

be creative. explore. and don't go anywhere without a camera.














brian ruins a cool shot by standing in the only other pocket of light!! talk about lightstalker (har har har)










this group of irish guys came running up to me yelling WE'RE IRISH, WE'RE IRISH. i was like okay cool. they asked to take a picture with me, so i held out my camera and smoooooch, they kissed me. gotta love the irish. no shame in kissing a stranger with a camera i guess.






i took oscar out to p-town with me the other day so that he could run around the backyard and the park across the street. he ate a lot of grass, rolled around in smelly things and ran around a bunch. he was pooped.




ariel loves oscar too. and oscar loves ariel. he was so happy!!

dave and i spent the entire day yesterday shopping and drinking our way through the city. i had to get shoes for the wedding this weekend and dave was a total trooper and scoured downtown for shoes with me. by the time we got to rite aid back home (to buy more liqor), i think we were both a little toasted and it made shopping for shoes at the drug store fun. this is dave showing me how cool the knock-off croqs are.





oh yeah, and i'm in portland... AGAIN. yay! here's some pics from today.

i kept falling asleep and then waking up to these cool views.






katie (my totally awesome mom) picked me up at the airport and then we went to lunch.


my grandparents are incredibly talented when it comes to architecture and style. my grandpa is a carpenter and my grandma is an artist and a painter. they have a gorgeous house with all these totally awesome little details. lots of handmade furniture and art around the house that they have made. this is in their bathroom. hands down the most gorgeous bathroom i've ever gone pee in.









No comments: