6.26.2007

More Financial District

I've really been enjoying photographing this neighborhood. Sean is right though, I need to move past this artsy stuff and get more story telling images from the area. I have ideas of what I want to do and places that I know I should visit, but I've been having too much fun playing with light and lines in this very sterile environment. It's like a bunch of Crackberry zombies wandering the streets and not acknowledging one another. Sean said I've been shooting this in a sophisticated way. I'm not sure if that is me pushing myself out of my comfort zone or what, but I guess it's working for this neighborhood. Chiaroscuro was also a word that hung on a few photos.

I worked the Giants v. Yankees games this weekend with Heinz Kluetmeier. It was a lot of fun. Heinz is a really funny guy and was really helpful in teaching me about shooting sports and even instilled a few life lessons in me. So, hooray for making money while shooting and assisting. Nothing beats a day when you can use your camera and pay some bills...or in my case also a few parking tickets.












No comments: