10.28.2006

It's so cold here!

Spent the entire last two days in 30-40 degree weather which is, of course, a complete shock to this California native. That kind of weather usually means I'm in Tahoe totally bundled up in my snow clothes. Last night's football was a very very cold rainstorm. Today was cross country and football in rain, sleet and then snow. I was soaked to the bone. I couldn't feel my fingers for the entire first half until I went back to my car and cranked up the heat all the way through half-time. I've never loved my car's seat warmers so much until I had ice cold completely soaked-through jeans. But the game was actually pretty fun and I met some interesting shooters and even had some football boys asking me if I was cold. More snow/freezing rain tomorrow and the next. I've got Monday and Tuesday off, so I think I'm going to head back to amish country and buy some more bread.

Here's some photos from the Autism story that I'm working on. A lot different from the high schoolers I shot at San Ramon Valley High School. This is a really rough edit of my first take. I still haven't found a focus... not sure if I want this to be about the school or a few kids in particular or one individual. I had so much fun watching these kids play and learn. And man oh man did they love the camera. They all kept sticking their faces completely inside the lens to see what was inside. It was hilarious. And as soon as they discovered the play button, they figured out that they could see their pictures. So, my first challenge is to get these kids bored with me and my camera. By the end of my few hours there they were less interested, but still very aware. But, like all kids, they will eventually get bored.





























Oh yeah, and happy Halloween. Here's a shot from a costume shop business story we did. This is my very janky on-site studio set up inside a dressing room. Nothing special in the least. I think I'm going to go to work as a reporter on Tuesday. Maybe find a fedora that I can stick a piece of paper in that says "Press."

No comments: