10.18.2006

The weather here is terrible!!

I would love nothing more than to either be sitting in Dolores Park or Borst Park on a super hot summer day. Ohio weather is terrible. Absolutely awful.

Pics tomorrow. My lacie is sitting on the floor reminding me to archive photos from The Chronicle. Shot an ungodly number of assignments today and worked a bunch of overtime. I'll finish up this week with 6 work days between Friday night games and the Tyson fight.. which supposedly isn't going to start until midnight. Woohoo! I'll be a zombie pretty soon.. at least I have dunkin donuts coffee to keep me going!! Best coffee I can get around here. Someone send me a Peets. Better yet, send me an Argo tea from Chicago. Reason to move to Chicago right there.

Overtime is really adding up for me. Just about enough saved up to be getting the new Apple laptop. Quit with the rumors already and just release the damn thing!! And boo to only having red Nanos. I'd slap down a much heftier donation than that if I could get a 30 in red. On second thought.. maybe I should just make the donation. Ipod mini, you've served me well.. but I spend far too much time in my car these days and I just can't listen to another Fall Out Boy or Panic! At the Disco song before I start going crazy.

D/L Damien Jurado's "Ohio"

I'll finally be getting to start my story on the wee ones autism school. Should be interesting to go into this story after having shot high schoolers and now getting to see how a much younger age group socializes and learns in the classroom. I've got another story up my sleeve that needs some research before I start to tackle it. Hundred bucks says that it never sees the light of day at this paper though. Photos as an afterthought seems like an understatement. Or maybe that's just my frustration talking. But I'm sick of people telling me, no we can't run that.. it won't re-pro well because our presses are old.

I'm really frustrated with my assignments. Too much general news. And to elaborate.. too much very boring news. Some stuff that isn't even newsworthy. And if they actually let us hear about the assignments before they are finalized, then we could have some input on photo ideas. If I have to photograph one more building or another event at that damn Metroplex or god forbid.. another ribbon cutting ceremony, I'd don't know how I'm going to feel about this experience.

I have a stack of envelopes sitting on the floor that are just about ready to send out to spring and summer internships. And I think a few residencies. I still need to call Seattle Times about theirs.. I don't know if they still offer that or not. I've got about 40 envelopes going off to about 25 states. It's time for another round of tight portfolio editing.

No comments: